Word Power Is Brain Power
Availability: In stock
Based on the long-running column in Reader’s Digest magazine, this collection of 100+ Word Power quizzes and amusing grammar facts will delight word nerds, knowledge hunters, and students of all ages. Along the way, you’ll also learn some enlightening tidbits about English grammar, such as the fact that one single word (at left), repeated eight times, can make a complete sentence. Whether you want to sound smarter in business meetings, ace that standardized test, or finally beat your brainy uncle in Scrabble, this book will help you increase your word power and your brain power—for life!
- 100+ quick quizzes & fun facts that may help improve your memory and boost your vocabulary.
- Engaging quizzes & articles will teach you a myriad of new words and refresh your memory of those words that you know but haven’t used for a while.
- Discover how certain words relate to the lives and thoughts of famous personalities.
- Read about the fascinating etymologies that add so much to word lore.
- Find a host of words that are relative newcomers to the English language.
- Handy answer keys at the end of each quiz make it easy to score yourself.
- Helpful score sheet lets you track your quiz scores so you can see your overall Word Power rating.
- Format: Softcover
- Dimensions: 5-1/4" x 7-1/4"
- SKU#: 6199A
- ISBN-13: 9781621455608
- Publisher: Reader’s Digest
- Publication Date: 2021
- Pages: 205